First and foremost, the health of our team members, their families and our camping families is our number ONE concern. It is the most important thing to us.
We all find ourselves in extraordinary circumstances, coming together to ensure the health and safety of our families, neighbors and communities as the COVID19 pandemic continues to escalate. During this time, our hearts go out to everyone impacted by COVID19, including those diagnosed with the virus, the caregivers at home, all people on the front line of health care, and those whose job or school has been affected. We are living through a time of great uncertainty when we don’t know exactly what will come in the weeks and months ahead. During these times, it is as important as ever to lean into what matters most and what inspires all the work, we do at VacationLand. We have changed the opening of the Park to Friday May 1st instead of the original Wednesday, April 15th barring any directives from local, state or federal government to the contrary. Although we are not yet open, the governor’s order does impact our staff that is currently getting ready for the season. We are now working with minimal staff to prepare the park for opening and those working are working in isolated areas to follow CDC guidelines as closely as we can. Our team is continuing to monitor the evolving situation with COVID19, and we are in regular contact with health agencies and industry organizations for information and guidance. We would like you to be aware of the precautionary steps we are continuing to take to combat the spread of COVID19.
Since the beginning, our goal has always been to provide exceptional outdoor experiences in the safest manner possible for the whole family. We can’t wait to welcome you to the fresh air and outdoor spaces at VacationLand and want you to know you are welcome here! Before your stay with us, we want you to be aware of our increased efforts to keep our guests and team members safe and healthy. We are modifying our business practices for the foreseeable future based on CDC guidance and statewide mandatory restrictions. As the situation rapidly evolves, we will continue to take the necessary steps to ensure that we are acting accordingly and keep our guests informed every step of the way. During your stay with us we would ask that you follow the CDC, federal, local and state guidelines during this national state of emergency. You are the primary person responsible for your own preparedness in this time of COVID19. We cannot guarantee anyone’s safety from any virus or sickness during a visit.
This means you accept this risk for yourself and those you are visiting with. If you are sick, have medical vulnerabilities or are considered at higher risk, please do not come. If you are in a “Shelter in Place” County, please STAY AT HOME!!!! The only way to eradicate COVID19 is by avoiding the chance of infecting others. Come back when you are well!
TEMPORARY CHANGES TO OPERATIONS
In order to promote social distancing and comply with statewide mandatory restrictions, we have modified our offerings for the foreseeable future.
- Cabins that include their own restroom facilities are available, but there will be no back-to-back rentals. We will be using disinfectant to clean everything as in the past, but we plan to leave a 24-hour turnaround time following cleaning to be extra cautious. All people who are renting cabins are also expected to bring their own dish soap and personal soap and other personal items with them. You must be able to use the restroom facilities available to you in your rental unit.
- RV sites are available, but we will be monitoring the occupancy between each site. Upon check in, park staff may provide alternatives to encourage additional spacing.
- Tent sites will be closed until further notice.
- Laundry will be open with limited hours.
- Bathhouses will be closed.
- Camp Store will be closed at the start (approximately one week) and we will be offering items for purchase through the Camper’s APP for timely pick-up and possibly even delivery.
- Snak Shak will be closed
- Check-in/Registration will have limited interaction between staff and guests. Please make sure your balance is paid in full prior to arrival to minimize any direct interaction with our staff. We will have curbside check-in only. Please call (724-253-4645) approximately 5 minutes prior to your arrival to allow a safe greeting and escort to your site.
- Dog Park and Spa, playgrounds, mini golf, basketball courts, tennis courts, pavilions, horseshoe pits, shuffle boards, sand volleyball pit, bocce court and baseball field and portable toilets are closed. It is impossible for us to keep the equipment sanitized between each use. DO NOT congregate in a group for any reason, anywhere.
- Social distancing must be maintained.
- Pool and weekend wagon rides are closed.
- Currently, we are modifying all activities until April 30th. We will reevaluate at that time in accordance with CDC and governmental regulations.
WHAT YOU CAN ENJOY WHILE YOU ARE HERE
We are blessed with fresh air and outdoor activities that can be enjoyed even during social distancing! Remember, the great outdoors is not cancelled! You will be able to walk and/or bike around the roads and elsewhere on the property if you are not in a group. You may play cards/games at your site with your loved ones who are with you, build a campfire, enjoy hiking the trails and fishing at the State Park. Now is the time to enjoy that good old fashioned fun we all grew up with and share it with your children!
DIRECTIVES THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED
Currently we are suspending the recreational use of golf carts.
- You are to be practicing social distancing while you are here, for your safety and the safety of those around you. For camping purposes, this means stay at your site or near your RV/Cabin unless you are traveling to or from the store or walking around the park. This means you MUST HAVE a working bathroom in your RV, or you cannot camp here. Between uses we will spray a disinfectant on the full hookup areas.
- No visitors are allowed during your stay. Your site is only available for use by the names on your registration papers. All names must be listed.
- No grouping at your cabin or campsite. Max number of people at your site is what is registered.
- We are wiping down all touch points throughout the park on a regular basis: the ice machine handles, and front door handles every day, and the countertops many times a day. It is still up to you to protect yourself by bringing your own gloves and personal hand sanitizer. We’re sorry, but we cannot provide you with any of our supplies.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOL
We have always had strict standards when it comes to the cleanliness of our property and facilities but have elevated our sanitation measures to ensure the well-being of our guests and staff by increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting areas including but not limited to:
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Credit card machines & ATM
- Pens, Store displays & Cabin keys
- Trash cans
- Housekeeping will be given clear and complete instruction on how the cleaning and disinfecting of hard and soft surfaces.
- All employees will wash their hands, regularly throughout the day.
- Any employees showing symptoms of any illness will be sent home.
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES YOU CAN TAKE
We hope that you also follow the proactive steps that the CDC recommends for preventing the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Use a disposable tissue to cover a cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
- Stay home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms.
TAKING CARE OF OUR EMPLOYEES
We are taking the necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of our employees during the COVID19 crisis. With each decision made, we take into consideration the risks and challenges that our employees may face, then adjust accordingly. For the time being, we will be limiting our operation to only essential staff.
RESERVATION MODIFICATION INFORMATION
For guests wishing to modify their reservation, we have updated our policies to allow more flexibility for your vacation.
- For reservation cancellations, guests who have reservations arriving prior to April 30th can receive a camp credit for the amount paid until 7 days before their reservation arrival date OR refund.
- For reservation modifications, guests who have reservations arriving prior to May 30th can move their reservation to another date in 2020 until 7 days before their reservation arrival date. Additional modifications subject to refund and cancellation policies.
- For cancellation and modification requests, email email@example.com or call 724-253-5645. While we are extremely sensitive to this matter and are doing our part to employ best practices of slowing the spread of COVID19, we also understand that as community events are cancelled, we anticipate that more families will be needing a place to escape outdoors. RVs and campers are your “home away from home,” so if you have to stay home, why not take your “home” somewhere beautiful and breath some fresh air! We realize that you may want to book your next stay with us. To book or for anything else you may need, we are here for you and look forward to helping you plan your next getaway. Please note that our reservations office is open Monday through Wednesday from 9AM – 5PM, however, we ask that you Book Online or email us as we may experience higher than normal call volume during this challenging time.
We are deeply saddened by this change in our operations and hope to be back to business as usual soon. We will reopen our amenities as soon as possible when we are able to do so safely according to the CDC and government regulations. Things are changing quickly so all of this is subject to change at any time so check back often. We’ll continue to share updates and stay connected through email and Facebook during this time. While a large part of our operation is closing, remember that the outdoors is open so get outside, be well, and take care of one another! We thank you for your patience and for continuing to support our family business in these challenging times! We look forward to welcoming you back.